- This event has passed.
Advances in Cardiovascular Risk Reduction – NYU Langone Medical Center
May 20, 2016 @ 7:45 AM - 3:45 PM$175
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the EMPA-REG Outcome trial results and the potential impact on diabetes treatment approaches
- Discuss recent scientific advances in the understanding of diabetes and related disorders
- Describe the rationale behind the design of the SPRINT trial
- Describe how PCSK9 modulates LDL levels and how PCSK9 expression is affected by statin treatment
- Describe the rationale behind the ISCHEMIA trial and how this trial may affect standard of care in patients with stable ischemic heart disease
- Summarize the role of aspirin in preventing cardiovascular events and their efficacy and safety in light of recent clinical trials
- Describe surgical interventions for obesity and the effects on co-morbidities such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes
- Describe the role of toxins, such as air pollution, as a risk for cardiovascular disease
Internists, family practitioners, cardiologists, general practice, endocrinologists and nurse practitioners with an interest in the prevention of heart disease. Lecture, case conference and a Q&A panel discussion give learners multiple methods of instruction to interact with the information being presented.