- This event has passed.
ADA Diabetes Professional Educators Conference – American Diabetes Association
March 4, 2016 - March 5, 2016$200
The 2016 Diabetes Professional Educators Conference is designed for nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, certified diabetes educators, and other healthcare professionals with an interest in diabetes and promoting diabetes education. The 2016 activity will update participants on current diabetes management.These professionals can earn up to 8.75 continuing education credits for attending this program.
To Obtain Continuing Education Credits: Certificates of Completion/Attendance are provided to registered attendees based upon completion of the online evaluation that will be available from March 4, 2016 through March 25, 2016. For questions regarding continuing education, please contact email@example.com.
At the end of this activity, attendees should be able to:
- Differentiate between diagnostic criteria of gestational diabetes and preexisting diabetes
- Indicate best medication options based on a patient’s medical and financial needs
- Discuss diabetes prevention and treatment options specific to Native American populations
- Describe the prevalence, possible causes and characteristics of obesity and type 2 diabetes in children
- List ADA Recommendations/Nutrition Guidelines for Pediatrics, GDM and Adults 18+
- Describe Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Session for patients with diabetes and the ideal MTM candidate
- Identify strategies to integrate stress management strategies for self, patient and colleagues