- This event has passed.
ADA Annual Clinical Conference on Diabetes – American Diabetes Association
May 26, 2016 - May 29, 2016$650
With its multidisciplinary focus, the education offered at the ADA’s Clinical Conference draws attendees from across the health care spectrum, from across the nation and around the world. As the nation’s premier clinical diabetes meeting, attendees come to hear cutting-edge research translated into clinical practice. The Annual Clinical Conference is the source for leading-edge treatment updates and the latest information in diabetes management.
In addition to earning up to 20.5 continuing education hours, the sessions include:
- Comprehensive information about exercise, nutrition and diabetes
- The latest information on the medical and behavioral management of diabetes and its complications.
- Practical tips and proven strategies for improving patient care, including motivational interviewing and data-driven decisions.
- Translation of the latest diabetes research into clinical practice.
This course is specifically designed for physicians, podiatrists, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, dietitians, pharmacists, psychologists, certified health education specialists, certified diabetes educators, and other health care professionals who care for patients with diabetes or who manage the complications related to this disease.
At the end of this activity attendees should be able to:
- Outline the progress made in our current understanding and treatment of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Examine current controversies surrounding exercise and the rationale and for exercise remaining an important part of the overall management approach to diabetes.
- Explore phenotypes of behavior, the role of nutrition, and medical approaches to treating obesity.
- Describe common medication classes, new and conventional pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment strategies for diabetes mellitus.
- Develop data-driven decisions from the use of technology, including pumps and sensors, in diabetes management
- Assess diabetes management in older adults in a variety of settings.
- Categorize shared risk factors and potential biologic links between cancer and diabetes.
We look forward to seeing you in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida at the nations’ leading, clinical education activity.