- This event has passed.
ADA Advanced Diabetes Practice for Primary Care – American Diabetes Association
February 26, 2016 @ 7:45 AM - 4:45 PM$120
The Advanced Diabetes Practice for Primary Care program has been designed specifically for physicians, pharmacists, dietitians, nurses, certified diabetes educators and other health care professionals who care for patients with diabetes and who manage the complications related to this disease. These professionals can earn up to 6.25 continuing education credits for attending this program.
To Obtain Continuing Education Credits: Certificates of Completion/Attendance are provided to registered attendees based upon completion of the online evaluation that will be available from February 26, 2016 through March 18, 2016. For questions regarding continuing education, please contact email@example.com.
At the end of this activity, attendees should be able to:
- Describe current recommendations and treatment options to reduce complications including cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, neuropathy and retinopathy in patients with diabetes
- Summarize how nutrition therapy with exercise impacts diabetes management
- Identify new medications and treatments to optimize weight-loss in patient with diabetes and pre-diabetes
- Recognize technological advancements in diabetes care to improve glycemic control to include the insulin pump and continuous glucose monitoring systems
- Summarize current treatment options for patients with diabetes, including how to adjust insulin and incorporate new agents to maximize blood glucose control
- Define social determinants and navigate community resources to address them