- This event has passed.
Active Lives: Transforming Our Patients and Ourselves – Harvard Medical School
December 8, 2016 - December 9, 2016$895
The daily work of health care professionals increasingly involves caring for patients with diseases resulting from sedentary lifestyles and inadequate exercise. This special program provides education to help you guide your patients to more active, healthier lifestyles.
Program highlights include:
- In-office exercise assessment
- Screening and counseling patients on exercise development
- Applying the new screening criteria
- Motivational interviewing
- Counseling and health coaching
- Demonstrating exercises to patients
- Prescribing exercise:
- Frequency, intensity, time, type
- Personalization by age, conditions, and fitness levels
- Physician compensation, liability, and obligation
Interactive workshops show you how to assess your own fitness level and that of your patients, and provide expert guidance to start or advance your own personal exercise regimen while inspiring you to more active patient care.
Participants of this program describe a renewed passion for practicing medicine and increased levels of personal daily physical activity leading to reduced stress, as they themselves learn to pay attention to their own health and to serve as role models for their patients of all ages.
Who Should Attend
- Physicians: Primary Care and Specialists
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Wellness Coaches
- Registered Nurses
- Physical Therapists
- Social Workers
- Exercise Physiologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Fellows in Training
- Personal Trainers