- This event has passed.
AAHS ASPN ASRM Annual Meetings – American Association for Hand Surgery / American Society for Peripheral Nerve / American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
January 10 - January 13$1,325
The American Association for Hand Surgery Annual Meeting brings together health care professionals from North America and abroad for a three-day continuing education program featuring the best evidence of the practice of hand and upper extremity health care. The program is multifaceted and includes 30 instructional courses, numerous panel discussions and case-based programs, and free papers selected by a panel of experts. The learner will gain insight into both common and complex problems of the upper extremity, understand indications for surgery, therapy, outcomes of each, and potential complications of intervention.
The program is intended for health care professionals involved in the assessment and management of a wide variety of common and complex conditions of the hand and upper limb.
Following completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Develop relationships and mentoring that lead to successful hand research and contributions to better patient outcomes.
- Understand the new landscape of medicine leading to better patient care through the use of social media, the internet, and understating new reimbursement models.
- Discuss clinical research and basic scientific research on hand and upper extremity problems.
- Integrate principles of hand therapy with surgical management of hand and upper extremity problems.
- Evaluate surgical and nonsurgical principles of managing common hand and upper extremity problems.
- Compare the intellectual discourses through an integrated program with the related surgical societies (ASRM and ASPN) and resolve conflicts.
- Implement enhanced management of fractures, arthritis, and congenital problems.
- Compare clinical hand therapy and nonclinical hand therapy issues for a variety of hand problems and fractures.