- This event has passed.
AAFP Practical Advances in Musculoskeletal and Sports Care Live Course – American Academy of Family Physicians
April 5, 2017 - April 8, 2017$1,195
Review best practices to assess and diagnose musculoskeletal injuries, and improve your ability to determine the stage and severity.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Assess injured bones or soft tissue to determine the stage and severity of the injury.
- Demonstrate proficiency in examination techniques, including a range of motion, stability, bone alignment and assessment of soft tissue swelling/masses.
- Prepare treatment recommendations for patients with musculoskeletal injuries that include NSAIDs or pain medication and application of the RICE strategy.
- Counsel patients who participate in organized sports or rigorous athletics on injury avoidance and use of protective gear.
- Identify training needs related to procedural skills such as casting, splinting and joint injection.